Attorney, Member of the Firm
Ellen Park is Director of Patent Operations. She has extensive experience in both the pharmaceutical and consumer products industries, having worked at four (4) major global companies and advised early stage pharma/biotech companies. She regularly works with pharma/biotech companies and academic institutions, providing support in critical business and intellectual property areas, including:
- Corporate (serve as interim deputy GC, assist with board of directors issues, governance)
- Regulatory (provide grant and finance support, clinical trial support)
- Transactional (review and negotiate a range of commercial agreements relating to M&A, data processing, licensing, collaboration, MSA/clinical study and material transfer agreements)
- Intellectual property (develop strategies for and manage patent portfolios, serve as interim chief patent counsel)
- Pre-litigation (assess freedom to operate, address board member conflicts)
Ellen’s clients at Outside GC include ContraFect Corporation and Praxis Precision Medicines, Inc.
Before joining Outside GC, Ellen served as VP and General Counsel Technology at Colgate-Palmolive Company, supporting such multi-billion dollar businesses such lines as oral care (and Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals), medical devices and pet nutrition, including nutrigenomics. In this role, Ellen oversaw the company’s external innovation function, negotiated a range of transactional matters, and led due diligence teams. She also developed internal systems, best practices and creative training programs in support of contract management, compliance matters, third party relationships and risk management.
Prior to Colgate, Ellen worked for several major pharmaceutical companies, including Bristol-Myers Squibb, Novartis and Pharmacia/Pfizer, where, through increasing levels of responsibility, she developed meaningful patent portfolios in therapeutic areas such as oncology, metabolics and anti-infectives; drafted and negotiated licensing and other tech transfer/research related agreements; and served as lead counsel on multi-functional life-cycle management teams bridging regulatory and IP areas.
Ellen holds a B.S. in Pharmacy from SUNY Buffalo and received her J.D. from Boston College Law School. Ellen has a particular interest in the evolution of legal services and legal/patent forensics, operational excellence and organizational design. Ellen is a firm believer that good food brings happiness and knows her geography by food.