Attorney, Member of the Firm
Ellen Park is both a patent and corporate attorney with extensive experience in both the pharmaceutical and consumer products industries, having worked at four (4) major global companies and advised early stage pharma/biotech companies. She regularly works with a diverse range of life sciences companies and academic institutions, providing support in critical business areas, including:
- Intellectual property (manage patent portfolios, serve as interim chief patent counsel),
- Transactional (review and negotiate a range commercial agreements relating to M&A, data processing, licensing, collaboration, clinical study and material transfer agreements)
- Corporate (serve as interim deputy GC, assist with board of directors issues, governance)
- Regulatory (provide grant and finance support, clinical trial support)
- Pre-litigation (assess freedom to operate, address board member conflicts)
Before joining Patent GC, Ellen served as VP and General Counsel Technology at Colgate-Palmolive Company, supporting such multi-billion dollar business lines as oral care, Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals, medical devices and pet nutrition, including nutrigenomics. Ellen also served as Colgate’s Chief Patent Counsel and handled all aspects of building and managing an extensive global patent portfolio, patent department and global outside counsel. Under her strong leadership and management skills, Colgate’s patent portfolio won awards and its patent department became a model of operations efficiency.
Prior to Colgate, Ellen worked for several major pharmaceutical companies, including Bristol-Myers Squibb, Novartis and Pharmacia/Pfizer, where, through increasing levels of responsibility, she developed meaningful patent portfolios in therapeutic areas such as oncology, metabolics and anti-infectives; drafted and negotiated licensing and other tech transfer/research related agreements; and served as lead counsel on multi-functional life-cycle management teams bridging regulatory and IP areas.
Ellen holds a B.S. in Pharmacy from SUNY Buffalo and received her J.D. from Boston College Law School. Ellen has particular interest in the evolution of legal services and legal/patent forensics, operational excellence and organizational design. Ellen is a firm believer that good food brings happiness and knows her geography by food.